CB radio: application, communication range, the frequencies used
CB range is verypopular with those who need to stay connected. He is a reliable and affordable tool that allows you to maintain contact between the warehouse and the store base and the road, and simply indispensable for communications team leader with each of the employees. Often CB radio use and water by installing radioon yachts and boats, and the communication range in open waters is markedly increased.
However, most mass distribution of CB radio band received as mobile communications. Transceivers installed in your vehicle, allows you to receive traffic information, to report unforeseen circumstancePTS faults, accidents, provide an opportunity to stay in touch and keep in constant touch.
Thanks to you can easily contact the emergency services – fire brigade, ambulance, police. For this purpose, CB transceivers provided specifically reserved channel which always someone on duty. However, the joint ventureravedlivosti sake, I must say that the Russian practice it is not always.
Portable CB radio
Portable radio stations operating in the range of 27 MHz, and have significant advantages when used on rough terrain and in a dense forest. Due to the nature spreadtion of such waves popular license free radios that use higher frequencies are significantly inferior to his CBS colleagues.
At the same time the use of portable CB radios, however, is quite problematic. The fact that this wavelength range is eleven meters, and the antenna should be a fullabout two and a half meters, portable radios for absolutely unacceptable. Shortening the same antenna leads to a significant reduction in the communication range.
For the deficiencies of walkie-talkies, working in the CB range, can be attributed to their great weight (about 500 g), low efficiency of the transmitter while working with a compact antenna andlow efficiency of the amplitude squelch. All this was the reason that virtually all such stations were removed from production.
For the whole world the main channels CBS range starts with the frequency 26965 kHz, and then go with a grid of 10 kHz. Conventionally, they are designated with the nefirst- channel fortieth. Nevertheless, there has recently been a significant increase the number of users, in connection with which there was a need to expand the range.
So, in some countries there is an additional grid frequency and thus new channels. They have a similar pitch of 10 kHz, but in relation to the mainshifted by 5 kHz. The numbering starts with 51 channels.
However, this was not enough, and then a number of countries have introduced ranges further expands the number of channels. Now, can often be found with two or four hundred channels, and some modern stations support and 800 channels. For convenience complementspruce ranges are marked by letters.
The coverage area between the CBS stations
The communication range between stationary / automo mobile station and handheld CB radios depends on many factors and is only about the size of:
- The greatest range ofoffers all possible connection between the base transceiver, which is carried out by means of reflection from the ionosphere. With it, you can achieve almost unlimited coverage, in some cases it can be confirmed by getting your own echo, wandered around the earth. But, unfortunately, this type of connection is very unstable and in mnogom depends on the state of the ionosphere, so the distance is usually limited to 1500-2000 km;
- The base stations without the use of the ionosphere are linked to each other at a distance of 30-80 km;
- The car with the base station, depending on the surrounding area can be contacted at bayapart from the 15 to 40 km;
- CB walkie-talkie range should be from the base station within 3-10 km;
- Car transceivers hear each other at a distance of 5-15 km;
- Portable radio and the car will be contacted at a distance of 2 to7 km;
- Portable radio contact with each other from 1 to 5 km.