Nimesil: indications and contraindications
Nimesil is a medicine of General action containing non-steroidal anti-inflammatory active substance - nimesulide (the only representative of the class of sulfonanilide). has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic activity. Nimesulide prevents the synthesis of prostaglandins, substances that play a significant role in the development of inflammation.
Effect of nimesulide is primarily in the suppression of the activity of cyclooxygenase, mainly cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and to a small extent cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1). These enzymes take part in reactions leading to the formation of prostaglandins from lipids of cell membranes.
in addition, nimesulide fully inhibits the action of other mediators of inflammation. Has no antimicrobial activity. It is well absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, therefore, is characterized by a very rapid analgesic effect, which begins 15 minutes after oral administration. The maximum concentration in the blood is achieved through 60-90 minutes after ingestion. Nimesulide passes through the placenta and in breast milk of women.the
- for the treatment of acute pain;
- in dysmenorrhea.
Nimesil can be used only as drugs of the second row. In each case, a doctor will assess the overall risk associated with the use of nimesulide, and decide on its application.the
do not use this Medication if you have ever experienced allergic to acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (e.g. ibuprofen, Ketoprofen). This sensitization can manifest in the form of hypersensitivity reactions, such as, for example, asthma attack, bronchospasm, allergic rhinitis, angioedema or skin reactions, including urticaria, rash, erythema.
in addition, the use of the drug is contraindicated in:
- people who have ever experienced symptoms of liver damage after use of nimesulide;
- with a parallel use of potentially liver damaging drugs;
- when you are addicted to alcohol or drugs;
- people with active or recurrent peptic ulcer disease gastric and / or duodenal ulcers with bleeding or perforation, including NSAIDs;
- for people with problems of the liver and kidney;
- people with bleeding from the blood vessels of the brain, digestive tract, and other bleeding problems or diseases with severe bleeding disorders;
- people with symptoms of fever or influenza, and severe heart failure;
- women in the third trimester of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- children under 12 years.
Translated by "Yandex.Translate": translate.yandex.ru.
Allergy (antihistamines) preparations 1, 2 and 3rd generation
Today allergic disease called civilization. Allergy medications: clinical...
|Views: 644||Comments: 0|
Principles of rehabilitation of patients after myocardial infarction
Reducing treatment of myocardial infarction, is carried out in several...
|Views: 606||Comments: 0|
Nurses at home: prices and selection features
Nurses at home, prices are usually slightly higher performing much more work,...
|Views: 589||Comments: 0|
|To add comment, please, authorize.|