Replacing the timing belt on Renault Logan
The family of cars Logan, the French group Renault-Nissan, have constantoh popular in domestic motorists. Is due to this fact, in the first place, the French engineers design solutions, namely the suspension. Its design and resource ideally suited to domestic use of the vehicle. In view of this, sets of spare parts for cars of this model are also popularand demand. Among these are isolated and a small and inexpensive, at first glance, detail how the timing belt (RM). Despite the simplicity of the imaginary, timing belt carries quite a responsible role - synchronization of the camshaft and crankshaft of the engine, as well as other support mechanisms. Such conditionswork leads to increased wear of the belt and failure (rupture), which is fraught with serious consequences. The thong rubber, gear type. For all guidance documents stipulating operation : must, without fail, be changed every 60,000 miles. In addition, every 15 thousand miles, nNecessity to carry out MOT belt and diagnostic inspection for cracks, deformations. For inspection and replacement of the belt primarily dismantle all elements closing access to it in the following order:
- Remove the front wheel and a protective boot inside the rim of the car.
- Removeunderbody protection (if any).
- Remove the belt tensioner.
- Remove the mount on the engine timing case cover and plastic protection.
- We combine marks on the crankshaft and camshaft.
- Change the belt and make surecheck the labels match.
- Check the belt tension, tighten if necessary via video.
- to assemble the components in the reverse order.