Good advice on learning a foreign language
Today we talk about tips Hungarian translator K. Milan to study foreign languages. And tell us their Kandaurov A. N. - an employee of the language school "CHELS" in which, by the way, you can . A large number of scientific publications in methods of teaching foreign language (hereafter FL) is devoted to methods of effective teaching aimed at developing students ' linguistic and speech competence of a high level. This work is addressed to teachers and offer recommendations and advice on the organization of the learning process and application of effective techniques and methods. However, the Central figure of this process is the person who is learning, i.e. a student (disciple, hearer of language courses). On how a student organizes themselves and their work to study their influence on the final result. The question how to organize student work on the study of linguistics - how to build their teaching, as would work on language material, what personality traits will develop to achieve success in the study of linguistics is no less important than the methods of teaching THEM.
In his famous work How I learn languages Hungarian writer K. Milan notes that language learning is a construction and interesting journey. And language C. Milan compares with a Cathedral. Studying a foreign language, we are rebuilding this Cathedral for myself in the process of learning vocabulary, grammar, stylistics, language features. The study of OIA is also spiritual activity. Through the acquisition of OIA, we discover another culture by celebrating its achievements and values. The study of OIA can become a source of inexhaustible joy that develops with hard work, and with the pleasure of discovery and learning of the unique features inherent in each language. To choose to read in a foreign language need such books that interest you. The more books satisfy your curiosity, the less energy is spent on overcoming this dead point as self-discipline. To read books in a foreign language from the very first steps of language learning. K. Milan also leads the list of personal qualities by which man achieves success in learning foreign languages.
Consider and comment on this list:
- Interest in the (base point on which to build the whole process of learning THEM)
- Playfulness (K. Milan writes that she always would play with languages - it helps to make the learning process more attractive, interesting, joyful, and cheerful);
- Optimism (this feature is required for success in any creative activity and the study of language is creativity);
- Lively temperament and desire to discuss various topics (if we are interested in how life is, we are not indifferent to many of its fields - this means that we always have something to say and what to ask, we are ready for dialogue or discussion, and monologue, which will help us to share what we know with others);
- Ability to find and feel the pleasure from the process of learning a language (this is important, because together with the skills of self-discipline this ability adds the joy, the feeling of success and constant progress, animates and fills with positive energy and hard work)
- the Courage to apply the knowledge in real communication (don't be afraid to make mistakes and realize that it is through the correction of errors is acquired language and speech competence, polished and perfected all skills)
- Observation (associated with curiosity that is needed in any explore and research, and the study of OIA is a familiarity, a study and assimilation);
- Lack of vanity and arrogance (this quality provides the desire and ability to speak, to read, to learn, to ask, to seek answers, because the more we learn, the more realize how much we don't know)
- Flexibility (the ability to feel the language, to be open, to accept and apply different ways of expression and a reflection of reality that exist in different languages)
- uncertainty (the process of study of OIA is complex and the success always comes as the result of hard and long work)
- Love of reading
- Openness to other cultures
- openness to the people
- the Pleasure of solving complex problems.