The science of astronomy
Astronomy is one of the oldest sciences on earth. Her areas of interest include SunHelen, around us, all the celestial bodies, systems, their location, movement, origin. Man directs his gaze to the sky ever since its inception, as a rational being. This is evidenced by the numerous artifacts and structures around the world. In the ancient world, everything is subject to the forces of nature, the will of heaven (gods), so allimportant events, construction and other tried to combine with astronomical phenomena and principles. All probably well known megalithic structures such as the Egyptian pyramids, Stonehenge, the city of the Incas (Machu Picchu), Aztec (Tenochtitlan) and Maya (Chichen Itza). But few people know that all these buildings miraculously opientirovany to the cardinal, with high accuracy even for modern construction. Especially has been widely developed in medieval astronomical science Arab States, with a strong school of mathematics. It is thanks to the ancient Arabs, we have the outlines of the constellations and names of stars. In the future, astronomy very muchdeveloped in the twentieth century finally divided into two main parts: observation (receiving visual information about celestial bodies and space through special instruments - telescopes) and theoretical (mathematical methods by which tries to explain all the resulting observations). More detail about astronomy you can learnon.
As a science, astronomy consists of the following basic disciplines:
- Astrometry (position and motion of celestial bodies);
- Theoretical Astronomy (methods of determining the orbits);
- Celestial Mechanics (laws movingNotices in the universe);
- Astrophysics (structure and composition of space objects);
- cosmogony and cosmology (the origin and evolution of the universe).
The main tasks of astronomy as a science are:
- determine the location, trajectory ETizheny massotsentricheskih characteristics of objects and space;
- study of the composition of cosmic bodies, elementary particles;
- theoretical and practical research in the area of ??origin of all the objects and the universe itself.