The roof of turf
During the construction of a new home builders are paying so crucialSecond important parts of the whole structure, as the roof, because it is of great importance in terms of protection from unpleasant weather conditions and aesthetic perception of the building. Depending on the type of form factor, the design features of all sizes and species of the roof require complex calculations loads on various elements of the roof structureand construction and related materials.
The roof structure and methods of the roof there are so many. No exception here and roof with grass (turf) flooring. Sod layer as a roofing material came into use in ancient times. This type of roof is most often associated with the Nordic countriess - Norway, Sweden, Scotland. The ancient system of roof decking provides for laying, more often, two balls on the turf wooden crate.
In our time, still, for the most part associated with Scandinavia, but there is nothing stopping (and there are quite extensive examples) select and apply this method crovli in any other region of the world.
Now, most often on the move 2 variants everything sod roofs: Norwegian and German. They both have their poles and cons, scope and requirements.
Common initial demand there:
- roof angle - heshould not exceed 28-30 degrees, it will prevent a possible shift layer of sod (by gravity and wind) and will allow the water properly disposed of;
- truss system and crate (solid) must be calculated on a lot of weight (up to 60 kg per square).
The Norwegian system
The German system
The German system, most often used to cover the flat or low slope roofs. Stacking order, the following:
- waterproofing layer on the crate;
- waterproof layer of insulation;
- geotextiles, limiting the growth of roots inside;
- drainage layer and, in fact, the turf.
With the right approach, any method will make your roof a local landmark.