What are dictionaries##
In this article we will talk about what is dictionary and what are its types. And tell us about this A. P. Akimov - chief editor of Internet portal "Nur": perevod.nur.kz where you can watch online.the
depending on the number of words, dictionaries are:
Monolingual. Among them there are: explanatory (encyclopedic, terminological, etymological and fixing, which serves lists of words without explanation (spelling, pronouncing, dictionary-underscore);
Bilingual, multilingual). It periodicheskie dictionaries.
In the lexical composition of the dictionaries are:the
- Those that describe the entire vocabulary, without limitation (the General explanatory and encyclopedic);
- Those that describe only a certain group of lexical (dictionaries of dialect, jargon, synonyms, antonyms, phraseological, industry, etc.).
let us Consider certain kinds of dictionaries:
- Pronouncing. They provide a list of words of the literary language with the designation of normative stress, indicating the pronunciation; the
- Dictionaries accents. They serve a normative stress;
- Phraseological dictionaries. They serve a steady momentum, which is given stylistic feature, and the interpretation;
Spelling. They give information about the normative spelling of words and their grammatical forms; the
a Sensible. They explain and illustrate the use of words of modern English or other language. The research object in such dictionaries is the word and its grammatical meaning;
Encyclopedic. They submit detailed information on the individual events, subjects, countries peoples, natural phenomena, etc. the Object of consideration in such dictionaries is not a word, but a phenomenon, an object, etc.;
Synonymous. They lead the ranks of synonymous words and phrases explaining their meaning;
a dictionary of foreign words. They characterize the words borrowed into the Ukrainian language from other languages;
Etymological. They give information about the origin of words, their initial value, the oldest form of the word; the
Dictionaries of paronyms. They explain paronomasia couples, discerning their meaning;
Antonymy. They explain the use of words opposite in meaning;
Comprehensive dictionaries. They contain elements of several types of dictionaries (explanatory-transferable, transferable and synonymous, etymologi-phraseological, idiomatic-transferable).
Translated by "Yandex.Translate": translate.yandex.ru.