The use of plasterboard in construction
it is Difficult to imagine modern interior without decorative niches, arches or smooth transitions between levels on the false ceiling. In order to realize the most daring design ideas requires a firm, but at the same time, the elastic and plastic material. Like no other this characteristics corresponds to the drywall. What is this material?
the Drywall is solid mineral panel, covered on all sides with several layers of thick paper. Plaster, and he is the basis of the sheet itself is solid, but brittle material. Cardboard also gives the panel the required strength, making it in truth a versatile material for construction and repair.
the Advantages of drywall
compared To other building materials such as brick, gazoblok, concrete, stone, drywall has many advantages, such as:
- Environmental material. Drywall is made from materials of natural origin: plaster and paper;
- Fireproof. Alabaster (gypsum) is one of the non-combustible materials;
- Noise. The porous mineral structure of gypsum Board absorbs much of the sounds;
- Reduced background radiation. Natural gypsum is almost does not emit radiation;
- light weight. The mass of the sheet can vary from 6 to 10 kg;
- low cost. The price of plasterboard will be 2-3 times less the same, but made of brick;
- Simple and easy installation. The installation of slabs can be done even without special tools;
- Insulation. It is worth considering that the thermal conductivity of the plasterboard is almost the same as pine and spruce, and an order of magnitude lower than that of brick. And when used in conjunction with mineral wool and polystyrene foam, it gives you the opportunity to significantly reduce the loss of heat from the premises;
- Partition and niches of plasterboard do not require permission to redevelop. A definite plus of the material unlike the foam block and brick, the construction of it are not considered major and can be built without the consent of the competent authorities.
Along with the obvious benefits, the drywall has some minor drawbacks to consider using this material.
- Small resistance to mechanical damage. Do not use gypsum Board for decoration, the walls of which may be subject to serious loads (playrooms, gyms, workshops, etc.);
- High water absorption. Gypsum absorbs water very well, with the drywall panel starts to swell and eventually disintegrate. Don't use plasterboard for decoration with high humidity (baths, kitchens, saunas);
- the Inability to withstand a lot of weight. Installing interior wall of plasterboard, it is possible to deal with the problem of mounting it on the plasma TV or shelves. The output will be the strengthening of the walls by an additional sheet or design change with the new requirements.
areas of use
There are areas of construction where the drywall has just proved itself. Among the most popular are:
- trim and the alignment of the ceiling and walls;
- the construction of interior partitions;
- the alignment and the formation of the underlying layer for the subsequent laying of laminate, parquet or linoleum;
- the creation of a designer of architectural compositions: arches, niches, multi-level ceilings, etc.
Before you buy , you should pay attention to the manufacturer and price sheets. Builders-professionals recommend not to chase the cheapness, and select time-tested brand, the product quality is confirmed by international standards and certificates.
Translated by "Yandex.Translate": translate.yandex.ru.
Turquoise color in the interior
Most of society unfairly bypassed own attention turquoise color. Turquoise...
|Views: 523||Comments: 0|
Kitsch style in interior design
style in interior design Kitsch appeared relatively recently and immediately...
|Views: 564||Comments: 0|
Biedermeier style of interior design
Biedermeier style is considered one of the offshoots of Romanticism. It is...
|Views: 547||Comments: 0|
|To add comment, please, authorize.|